Friday, May 27, 2011

Demise of an atheist

I am an atheist since the day I discovered the meaning of this word. The word gave a pronounceable identity to my ideas about all-mighty,all-strong,always-invisible,only-felt,in-control-of-everything, super being roughly called GOD . The idea of dependency(almost always in time of crisis) on someone whom you can't see or hear him saying,"hey buddy! i am there, take the plunge" , is stupid and scary.The risk being what if he was busy doing something more important like performing everyday ablution in the loo or preparing for an exam to become operator of some other universe or something. It may sound weird but even the super being would require to do a few things on his own and I am so sure about it that I stayed away from believing about his presence (at least on my disposal). Other factors for I-NOT-BEING-A-BELIEVER are indigestible mythologies , tricky con business around this idea of religion by our fellow (in)human-brethren .Though I like the rituals associated with religions .They are awesome natural entertainment.( Don't believe me? attend a random funeral proceedings and observe the priest and secondary-mourners).However the entertainment part of religion could force me only to be a curious onlooker,never a believer .As far as philosophical part of any religion is concerned they are all the same and collection of common sense fundamentals of being good and nice to others. I never had any problem with that and I always accepted it as naturally as I accepted my mom's advice for brushing my teeth daily when I was 4 years old .Eventually, as I grew up , I picked up things, judging with common sense , cutting out non-sense, most of the things related with supreme being or more appropriately, the human realization and implementation of the idea of a supreme being got dropped out in the process.

************

It was the peak of winter and I was traveling back from home.Trains are a great thing when you travel for a few hours but when you have to travel for two complete days, it could be a nightmare.They have their own ecosystem and you have to adapt to it.Their own kitchen,own recipe, own housekeeping (if at all), own pests and their very own toilets( listed in ascending order on scale of being obnoxious).Hygiene is as alien a concept to Indian Railways ,constipation is to wild snakes(***pet snakes get constipated***).I have never dared to visit a toilet in the train unless the intensity of call of nature defeated my human spirit to fight against odds. And one such moment came during mid-night of this travel.Once I was done this extremely urgent bowel-purge, the next challenge was to get rid of the chilled water of my bottom region if I were to have a sleep (as it was a damn cold night ).And then i saw a small steel box attached to the wall.I opened it and found a whole new roll of tissue paper.I was awestruck.That was the moment my faith got restored. This miracle was not possible without some divine intervention.It is beyond the capability of an individual or the whole system ,for that matter , in case of Indian Railways to maintain tissue paper in its trains' toilets. But if you could believe, there is always a supreme-being to take care of your inconveniences , however small ,however large .



Piktru says
: Momentary hallucinations are self-curable,garnered illusions are terminal.

5 comments:

  1. As usual Avinash, it is very nice. Very well related :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaah ,avi ur truly transforming

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading above post i concluded that you were
    acually a "theist",just a bit angary on god because he was not doing anything good for you for long and as soon as you seen one drop of favor(Read it as bunch of tissue) you changed your opinion. You should have thought that this issue was not for you ,acyually god had forgotten
    to take it back after the LOO( As you mentioned in first paragraph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Finally tu bhi confuse huva btn "theist" aur "atheist".welcome to the confused world.

    Once upon a time when i was preparing to my exams (as athiest), when my friends used to bribe god for pass marks i was cursing them & him too, as he has changed as a govt employee because he works only when ppl bribes him. Later god said "ok beta preparing for the exam without my blessings, aisa kya...fine" " u will b a operator in SSO-OPS!!" thats it, that was my last curse, even though im athiest still, kyun ki thoda sa dar hai heart mey wat if non-existing character the god says "aisa kya" again.

    bettr to take a straight road instead of right or left.Agar jindagi mey Koyi good huva tho theist,bad huva tho atheist..and my frnd that is how the cookie crumbles:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg avinash...i have nothing to say...keep it up....

    ReplyDelete

Followers