Friday, February 5, 2010

Rain dance

Monsoon is believed to bring wonderful time.It inspires romance and gives a few romantics a chance to live fancy bollywood songs in reality.But it gives unscalable frustration to people like me, locked in home due to flooded roads and floating garbage (a common scene in ill evolved indian cities).After three days of undesired recluse due to incessant rain,I went to see my buddy.His bright and cheerful face added confusion to my existing state of frustration.'How damn can this chap be happy in a cursed weather like this',i was ruminating the idea.'Oye,do you like the rain??',I heard him saying.He got half his answer in my twisted eye-brows.'I mean, do you like bathing in rain?'.'I prefer a shower in bathroom as bathing is not a seasonal phenomena to me',I grinned.A few natural expletives fell on my ear-drums before he changed the context.Three days later,I got the answer to this Rain-Bath-Puzzle.The girl next door to my friend's used to dance on terrace oblivious of the presence of a newly monsoon born romantic.Two days hence,my friend got this enlightening fact that the show was intended for a guy living three terraces ahead of the girl's.He woke up to an obnoxious odor of floating garbage and irritating rain that day for the maiden time during that monsoon.A few more expletives,not intended for me,were enough to compensate his one sided wounded heart and unyielding flu he had caught during Bath-cum-Dance sessions.We heard a faint intonation of 'Rain rain go away...' from next room.His little niece was practising the rhyme.The expression on his face was unexplainable in words.An uncontrollable grin appeared on my face and expletives knocked on my ear drums,this time well intended for me.

Piktru says:: Good times are around the corner but the corner is little too far.

13 comments:

  1. ek chotti si love story

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of adolescent love & those crushes which people have in there teen years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. really reminds me of my younger days :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice! for me.. whenever the sky is covered with dark clouds, I can't connect to the internet..scrw my connection provider.. lol

    Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humor writing will take work,it seems to come easier for some people like this writer.
    Humour is his favourite buddy as he tries to find a way to make it through the day with less frustration & lessens our frustration with his humorous expressions on his face.
    I found the Rain-Bath-Puzzle funny & Its a Puzzle now as which topic is going to be the next humorous bullet from his brain gun as this "Rain Dance".

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Rain rain go away............nice one.
    keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anybody writes - poets, writers, journalists, I and you - all do... But writing in an effective way demands lot of patience. And we can imagine the complexity of this effective writing when humour, vocabulary and imagination adds-on to it !.

    A pinch of romance, a dash of thinking, a big spoon of humour - All are baked excitingly well in this short blog. Well done buddy !!! Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't take it as comment. Actually I should thank you for describing my brusque romance. I am the guy whose next door girl used to dance on terrace.
    Anyway I believe its a indigenous feeling and well synopsis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ek atyant hi chotti si Love Story :-)
    Great sense of humour though....
    I guess very few people can write their mind and heart out so aesthetically...
    Eagerly waiting for ur next blog...

    ReplyDelete
  11. "guy living three terraces ahead" Was that You by any chance ?..

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey nice one...appreciate your writing skills....keep doing it...

    ReplyDelete

Followers